- Full Name: Mohammad Anamul Haque Bijoy
- Date of Birth: December 16, 1992
- Birthplace: Kushtia, Khulna
- Age: 30 years, 258 days
- Batting Style: Right-handed
- Fielding Position: Wicketkeeper
- Playing Role: Wicketkeeper Batter
- Bangladesh Cricket Board Academy
- Bangladesh Under-19s
- Dhaka Division
- Dhaka Gladiators
- Dhaka Platoon
- Fortune Barishal
- Gazi Group Cricketers
- Gemcon Khulna
- Quetta Gladiators
- Sylhet Sunrisers
Anamul Haque’s Early Beginnings and Achievements
Anamul Haque, also known as “Bijoy,” started his cricket journey with a remarkable feat. He debuted for Dhaka Division in the National Cricket League at just 16 years old in 2008. His exceptional skills were honed at BKSP, the nation’s leading sports institute. By November 2009, he was already part of Bangladesh’s Under-19 team. He marked his ODI debut against West Indies in November 2012. His performance with Dhaka Gladiators in the Bangladesh Premier League T20 drew attention to both his wicketkeeping and batting abilities.
Anamul Haque Centuries and Milestones
Anamul’s batting prowess shone across various formats and teams:
- He achieved a string of centuries for Bangladesh Under-19s, Dhaka and Khulna Division in first-class cricket, Abahani club, and BCB Academy.
- In his second international match, he scored a century (120) against West Indies, aiding Bangladesh in their biggest ODI win.
- Notably, he secured two more international hundreds, one against Pakistan and another against West Indies in 2014. He also notched several valuable fifties before the 2015 World Cup.
Anamul Haque Personal Background and Nickname
Anamul Haque, hailing from Kushtia in western Bangladesh, received the moniker “Bijoy” from a school teacher. This title, meaning “victory” in Bengali, was given due to his birth on December 16, celebrated as Bangladesh’s Victory Day.
Anamul Haque Career Statistics
Batting & Fielding (All Formats)
|Format||Matches||Innings||Not Outs||Runs||Highest Score||Average||Balls Faced||Strike Rate||100s||50s||4s||6s||Catches||Stumpings|
Bowling (First-Class & List A)
|Format||Matches||Innings||Balls Bowled||Runs Conceded||Wickets||Best Bowling||Average||Economy||Strike Rate||4w||5w||10w|
Debut and Last Matches
- Debut: Sri Lanka vs Bangladesh at Galle – March 08 – 12, 2013
- Last: West Indies vs Bangladesh at Gros Islet – June 24 – 27, 2022
- Debut: Bangladesh vs West Indies at Khulna – November 30, 2012
- Last: Bangladesh vs India at Chattogram – December 10, 2022
- Debut: Bangladesh vs West Indies at Mirpur – December 10, 2012
- Last: Bangladesh vs Afghanistan at Sharjah – August 30, 2022
- Debut: Dhaka Div vs Rajshahi Div at Mirpur – December 01 – 04, 2008
- Last: South Z (BD) vs Cent Z (BD) at Cox’s Bazar – March 04 – 07, 2023